What is the Best Time to Meditate
Are you getting up at 4 a.m. and wondering why it is so? Or what to do about this?
The good news is that you need not worry too much about this. You can consider yourself some of the lucky few who are able o get up so early.
You may be wondering why?
The answer is simple – this is the best time to meditate and reap the maximum benefits.
Why is 4 am the Best Time to meditate?
What is so appealing about such an unearthly hour?
To get this concept, you would do well to know about the ‘Amrit Vela.’ Amrit means nectar, and ‘Vela’ means moment.
This term emerges from the fact that as you sit in meditation at this hour in contemplating God, you can savor the nectar of this divine relationship. It is a silent and empowering experience. This is your time with the divine that enables you to synergise with the supreme entities. Amrit Vela is the best time to meditate and make a connection with the almighty.
As per the Sikh religion, the day consists of 8 sections of 3 hours each. These are called the 8 ‘prehars.’ The time during the prehar that lasts from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. experiences the highest connection with the divine energy.
The Buddhists too believe in the early morning meditation rituals. Similarly, in Islam ‘Fajr’, the first prayer of the day, is also done before sunrise.
The Hindu Belief of the Brahma Muhurta
As per the Hindus, the best time to meditate is an hour and thirty-six minutes before sunrise. The ‘Brahma Muhurta,’ or the time to experience a connection with God, occurs during the initial 48 minutes of this period.
There is a belief that this is the time when the gods bestow their blessings to those who seek.
The Benefits of Amrit Vela as the best time to meditate
Meditating at the Amrit Vela or early in the morning at around 4 a.m. is very beneficial and not difficult as it seems. If you are blessed to be awake naturally at this hour, it becomes easier. Just try not to go back to sleep! Else form a schedule of sleeping early so that you get up refreshed by this time.
- Meditating at this hour brings you confidence and builds up your spiritual stamina.
- Receiving God’s vibration enables fine-tuning of your resources for the day ahead. You become more organised and can do better time management.
- Once you get into this rhythm, you start enjoying the blissful reality of God and the connection to your higher self.
- It is an opportunity to quieten the mind and to make your thoughts calm and still.
- When you absorb the love, energy and guidance of the pure vibrations, you break free from the mundane inner conflicts, and other basic feelings.
- As you fill yourself with the divine power during this auspicious time, you achieve the inner strength that helps you overcome the obstacles in your life.
Therefore, make a note – wake up early and fill up your spiritual reservoir from the Supreme Source with love and light. Experience the nectar of Amrit Vela and awaken your body and soul with insightful, pure, and divine vibrations!