Importance of Sunlight for good Health
What is the Importance of Sunlight for good Health?
Naturopathy takes a holistic approach to health and wellness and Importance of Sunlight for good Health forms one of its strongest foundations. The principle of Naturopathy uses freely available resources in nature and encourages us to live a healthy lifestyle.
Healing any disease is based upon the individuals own lifestyle and how he or she adapts to a healthy diet, clean fresh water, sunlight, exercise and stress management. None of these need too many resources or funding. All it needs is a disciplined approach to life.
Naturopathy aims at creating a balance so that illness does not occur in the first place, and in case it does happen, then it focuses upon the body’s capacity to heal itself by balancing the energies, hormonal secretions, detoxifying and following a good diet and exercise regimen.
Sunbathing is a very important activity which is advocated while undergoing any treatment using naturopathy.
Why is Sunlight Important?
Except for human beings, no other living creature on this planet goes to doctors. Their treatment is only all the natural elements existing around them. Hence Importance of Sunlight for good Health does have a major role to play.
The entire life around us on this planet earth is governed by the sunlight It supports all forms of life cycles on our planet.
In absence of Sunlight plants would not survive because they would not be able to carry out photosynthesis and in absence of plants animals would become extinct in no time. The climatic cycles would not be able to nurture any form of life too!
If you look around all the animals, plants insects, birds – all form of life (except humans) follow a pattern that revolves around sunset and sunrise.
Over the years humans have developed a life pattern which is against the nature of the biorhythm of this planet. Our genetic composition has developed over billions of years in synchronization with the sunrise and sunset. With the advent of electricity and physical comforts, humans have started staying away from sunlight, in dimly lit artificially lit homes and in comforts where their exposure to the natural sunlight is almost nil. This trend is further increased with the rising incomes and aspirational lifestyle based upon consumption.
The lack of exposure to Sun itself could be a cause of many Lifestyle diseases that we see so prevalent in society.
Importance of sunlight for good Health cannot be overemphasized as it plays a very dominant role in controlling the hormonal secretions of a body. Due to the imbalance in this secretions, all sorts of ailments develop remember all our organs are interconnected and hence any disease or imbalance in any of the organs is bound to have a Domino effect on the other parts of our body.
The science behind the Sun-Bathing Therapy:
The pineal gland or the “master gland” of our body secretes the hormone called Melatonin. Which helps us fall asleep; the production of Melatonin is related to the amount of light around us. It increases during the dark and falls during the daytime.
The production of Melatonin is affected by sunlight and the Violet/Red rays in the spectrum of sunlight improves it. Lack or excess of sleep is one of the main factors that give rise to many diseases in the body. Therefore naturopaths generally recommend sunbathing activity as part of treatment for any disease. The natural flow of Sunlight regulate not only melatonin but also other hormones and keeping them in a balanced level helps in keeping disorders at Bay
Sunbathing acts at the hormonal level and helps in keeping disorders at bay. Long exposure to sunlight, therefore, creates physical and psychological disorders which further multiply if no corrective action is taken. Those of us not getting adequate exposure to sunlight are bound to develop physical and psychological disorders.
Benefits of Sunbathing:
- Improves blood circulation.
- Helps to eliminate toxins.
- Help in the synthesis of vitamin D Sunbathing every day during mild sunlight for 20 to 30 minutes (between 6 am and 8 am)
- Improves conditions such as Paralysis, Gout, Osteoporosis, Tuberculosis as well as many skin ailments.
- Those not exposed to sunlight for prolong periods show the symptoms of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and are often aloof, Irritated, disinterested, and lazy. During a controlled study, it was seen that sunbathing for 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for a period of one month helped them normalize.
However, at the same time, while Sunlight for good Health is important, please note that excessive sunbathing may lead to skin cancer, skin irritation, wrinkles, glaucoma, and complete blindness. Therefore, it is advisable to sunbathe in moderation.
Precautions during Sunbath
- It is very important to stay hydrated during the sunbath. Drink a glassful of water half an hour before sunbath.
- It is important to cover your head as well as your stomach area with a wet towel or wet mud while lying down for sunbathing.
- Sunbath should be followed up by taking a normal water bath after 30 minutes duration
- It should always be done in the early hours while the sun is rising between 6 to 8 a.m. or depending upon sunrise based on various countries and time zones.
For more information, please contact HERE