How to Build Your Moments of Happiness
To live a fulfilling and more enjoyable life you must learn how to build your moments of happiness. It is all a question of seizing the smallest of the fleeting opportunities.
In fact, while sailing through the journey of life, most of us do not even realize when these little islands of joy passed by us!
We all have our good as well as bad moments. But quite often, we let the bad ones overwhelm us.
We let the small moments of joy pass by without enjoying them.
Here is How to Build Your Moments of Happiness
- Make an affirmation early in the morning that you are going to enjoy each and every moment of your life the entire day.
- Live one day at a time – Do not worry about yesterday or tomorrow; stay in the moment and try to see humor, happiness, and goodness in everything.
- Overlook small faults in others – Look at the larger picture and do not allow anything or anyone to spoil your day.
- Create situations that bring happiness to you as well as those around you. It is only when you live in a happy environment that you are the most productive.
- Keep away from things that make you unhappy or sad. There are bound to be people who annoy you without any viable reason. You cannot control the behavior of others and hence it is best to keep away from them as long as you can.
- Savor the moment- Enjoy your meals, your outings, and your interactions with others. Quite often we hurry through our day. This translates to not having time to enjoy what we eat or the company that we keep.
- Look around and enjoy the sunshine, feel the breeze, listen to the sound of birds chirping, talk to the trees around you. Observe these beautiful creations of God and feel the oneness with them!
- Find the reasons to smile and if you cannot find them – create them!
- Do not over-organize your day. Enjoy the suddenness of situations and enjoy dealing with them in an impromptu manner.
Remember, remaining happy and being joyful is all in our own hands. Just as a potter shapes beautiful shapes out of clay, create your own happiness.